Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Caught up ... again!

Got called up for kidney transplant.  Recovered at my cousin's house for a couple months.  Been home for a month, but at the 4-month mark, I'm feeling the energy difference now vs pre-op.  I thought I was doing well on dialysis, but so many people have mentioned how much better I look and sound.  Just got caught up again on the medical bills that accumulated in my absence.  There's more co-pay in the pipeline after insurance pays their part.

So I'm finally getting around to all the stuff in the house I retired to do.  Turns out on dialysis, even after I retired, I still didn't have enough energy for housework.  I didn't even have enough energy to hire a housekeeping service.  So now I'm setting baseline.  Starting with a deep clean in the refrigerator & freezer.  I cleaned out all the old, expired food in the cupboards, too.  Had to start over because of the dangers of food poisoning to the new kidney. 

As luck would have it, I installed a retractable screen door just before the peak of the local heat wave.  Here, that just means 90's but it came with high humidity.  I also deep cleaned the downstairs washroom.  Even though I called it done, I still keep coming back to the hard water ring in the toilet.  I'll get it totally gone eventually.  I think I will still hire a housekeeping service to maintain status quo.

Which brings me to tai chi...
It seems I have this thing where I can't do extra curriculars like gym and tai chi until I have my house in order.  But I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to housework unless I have a deadline.  An artificial deadline won't even move my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment