Friday, February 7, 2014

More work on 18-style

I thought I could add posts to pages to separate the information/thoughts. No.  So I guess I just keep adding more information to the bottom of the page.  Ooo, or I could turn on the reply feature.  I found another video using the same audio.  If you go deeper into his videos, there are two more chi kung videos with similar audio.  I'll have to explore this eventually.

Edit:  see "rethinking videos" post
OMG, I found it (click here) on YouTube with the same audio on my cassette tape!  Couple of notes:  She doesn't switch legs for "Scooping the Sea", she steps forward.  She doesn't lift legs for "Marching with Ball."

 
And (click) here.  This guy doesn't switch legs either.  He shifts to the side.  Might be for the camera angle, which is much better to see he is lifting his heels and toes with the back 'n forth motion.  Now in "Marching with Ball" he is lively, like my instructor would do a double bounce. That was always my favorite part.

Edit:  The video is still here.  I moved it to the 18-style page.  I still like the lady's example.  I guess I can relate to her better.  For following the workout, either is good.  But the video with the man is the better example of proper postures.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment